My brother Adam was out to visit last weekend and I am sure of one thing – I love that guy. It is fun spending some extended time with him. He is one of the people closest to me, and still he is someone I continue to get to know better. Most of his growing up took place after I left home and we haven’t lived in the same place since. Or maybe it’s that most of my growing up took place after I had left home and . . . anyway.
For me, spending time with family is like spending time in front of a full length mirror. On this viewing of myself I see that I am far too eager to please others. Adam, however, doesn’t feel the need to impress people; I think he sleeps better being unimpressive*. Adam just is – like it, love it, or go batty because of it. I’m still not sure what I should learn from this difference of character, but I think I’ll just sit with it and let it soak into the places that need it. Maybe there’s a time to impress others, but maybe today I’ll relax and just be a bit more like my little brother.
* I borrowed this line from the movie “
Garden State.”
1 comment:
youre twins!
Post a Comment