Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Buns


Fresh out of the oven: hot cross buns just like my mom used to make them every Easter. Except, when I called my mom to get her recipe (which was my Grandma Salkeld's recipe) she told me to "guess" and "just add enough flour until it's right". Sadly, my baking skills are still reaching for that kind of confidence. I opted for hot cross buns the Joy of Cooking way; meanwhile, my sister - who has been baking up Grandma's goodies for years - made them them mom's way. Mine were good, but not quite good enough. Take a look at Kasha's buns. Now those are nice buns.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh yummy! I am yearning for one. I love toasted hot cross buns with good butter. here is my confession: I don't think I've ever had a home made one.

Jen said...

Bob, I am impressed that you ventured into the world of home made hot cross buns. I think your buns look great :) And the title of your blog is perfect...had me going for a minute there! Have a fabulous Easter weekend. Love ya!

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here