Saturday, August 25, 2007

The State of California in My Heart

One of the highlights of this summer was my weekend in Seattle. It was a happy reunion with friends from California that either live in WA now, came up for a wedding that weekend, or came up just to see me (and maybe hit up a baseball game, too). It got me thinking about my time spent living in the SF Bay Area. My California experience still follows me around and reveals things to me about myself, people, the Divine, and the search for home.

Though my time in California was often overwhelming, stretching, heartbreaking, and completely too big for my prairie britches, it was also a time when I felt incredibly loved, was allowed to grow up into myself and into the world, and that gifted me with some of my most favourite friends. The weekend I spent with these friends was like a hot cup of hot chocolate or the feeling I have just after I brush my teeth - mmmmm sooooo good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the feeling after you brush your teeth IS good. =)

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here