This week I've enjoyed some great live music. I finally saw Ron Sexsmith at the Chan Centre with my dear friend Nerida. I've been waiting years for this.
While taking in Ron's music I was reminded that I love a good songwriter who can sing other people's stories, as well as his own. It's that element of music that reaches into some of our broken places, cuddles up beside those painful bits, and soothes them with their presence. In this company one is a little less alone then she or he was before the song started 2 minutes before.
Here's one of Ron Sexsmith's songs that names the struggle and holds out hope that it will get brighter still. Be sure to listen for the little treat at the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- April (1)
- March (3)
- February (1)
- January (5)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (6)
- May (7)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (8)
- March (5)
- February (3)
- January (9)
- December (4)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (1)
- July (3)
- June (2)
1 comment:
i heart ron sexsmith. and i love that title: "brighter still". mmmm.
Post a Comment