Monday, December 08, 2008

On the Shore of Lake Ontario

The second Canadian Youth Workers Conference took place last weekend in Toronto. This was my second trip to this great Canadian city.

I was invited to host the "women in youth ministry" section of the weekend: a dinner out one night and an affinity group one afternoon. There was a patchwork of women who attended, and I was grateful to take a peek into some of their stories. I was reminded, though, that in the world of youth ministry in the church across Canada things don't yet look as diverse as they should.

In order to combat some of this discouragement I did some fun things.

I made a pilgrimage to the CBC Building; the CN Tower stretches up behind it.


I got as close to Jian as I could.


I stood in awe of the real Mr. Dressup tickletrunk.


I enjoyed the beauty of a great meal with women in youth ministry.


I lived in up in my swanky hotel room.


I visited the newly opened Art Gallery of Ontario one cold, snowy night.

No comments:

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here