Monday, October 02, 2006

I cried all day.

I rode my bike downtown today to see a film at the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF): Away From Her directed by Sarah Polley (who was actually there to introduce the movie). This film sparkles with the elements of life. It is about a couple who, after being married for 44 years, are faced with Altheimer's disease and the places it takes them. The screen play, written by Polley and based on the Alice Munro story "The Bear Came Over the Mountain" takes themes of love, devotion, mistakes, grace, sacrifice, loss . . . to close-to-the-heart heights and depths. I'm in love with it. Should you get the chance, and you aren't bothered by beautifully slow moving dramas, then I recommend it.

1 comment:

Kasha said...

I do wish that we lived closer so that I could of seen this movie with you. I will be watching to see if it does come to Edmonton.

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here