Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My New Friend


My new friend Thomas.


Yummy Queen of the Kitchen pizza.


Over a year ago I decided to tell my ebay-loving dad that I'd like a bread maker. I've become quite the queen of the kitchen in the last few years and I figured a bread maker would be a lovely addition to my kitchen supplies. Soon after my request my dad called me up to report that he had indeed found a brand new bread machine on ebay, he had purchased it, and it was ready for me . . . in South Dakota (where my parents live).

And so began the pilgrimage of the bread maker. A few months later it made it to my motherland of Esterhazy, SK, by way of car. Then months later it traveled with my sister to her home in Edmonton, AB. And only this summer did it make the final leg of the journey to Vancouver in a car with a friend of my brother's. Sadly, by then, the novelty of having a bread maker wore off and I left it in the box . . . until today. Today I was craving pizza and the bread maker, O the poor neglected bread maker, it made bread.

This blog is for you, dad. Thanks for the bread maker!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Bobbi! Your pizza looks delicious. And I'm sure it tasted fabulous. Hey, I'm going to McKernan Baptist. Doesn't Kasha go there? (I think that was the church you said she did go to.)...I've been looking for her but haven't seen her yet! I hope you're doing well!

Lisa said...

Woo hoo! That looks awesome. Pizza at your house on Saturday? I'm looking forward to hanging out. Lots of stories to tell you and books to show. It's all good.

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here