Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fine Footwear

Today I got annoyed.

It seems that I have a tendency to buy shoes that don't fit quite right. What is wrong with me? You'd think now that I'm in my late 20s I could buy shoes that fit properly.

I bought a pair of shoes in the spring - size 9. It should have been a great fit. The last shoes that I got I was fitted for at The Running Room and they are fine footwear - size 9. These new shoes - an outdoor half-ass hiker - are like strapping planks to my feet. WAYYYY too big. Well, just a smidge, but an annoying smidge all the same.

I was out and about today in the slush buying overpriced craft supplies for my maniac students to make Christmas gifts for others at youth next Friday. I decided to pop into MEC and see if they still carried the plank shoes that I bought in the spring. Sure enough, there they were. And what's more, there they were in a glowing size 8.5.

I told the nice MEC person my story. And she let me take the 9ers off my feet and trade them in. No cost. No bother. Just a better fitting pair of shoes that keep my feet dry.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Now *that's* good customer service. and guess what size my feet are? You can off load the 9s on me.

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here