Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Joy in the little things (or big things when you buy them at Costco)

I spent the last 6 months thinking about making a big purchase: a MAC computer. Everyone I know who has a MAC loves it and assures me that I will too. Amazingly, I have never owned my own computer so I thought this would be a perfect match. Last week I took the plunge and ordered a refurbished beauty online at the Apple store. Man, I was excited. I was so excited that I took a study break last night to drive over to the my place of work, where it had been delivered, to pick it up.

I brought it home.

I plugged it in.

I saw the little light blinking and thought, "That little light is the heartbeat of my very own computer."

I opened it up and admired its shiny goodness.

I turned it on.

It did not turn on. I tried again . . . and again . . . and again: nothing but a dead black screen.

And in fact, that is what Apple told me today - it was DOA (and there are no replacements of this refurbished model, so I will have to order a brand new one and spend a bit more money - gross).

I am currently working at healing these let-down blues and working up the courage to order again. In the meantime I have got the motherload of ALMOND BUTTER from Costco and I eat a bit of it everday with an apple - this gives me joy and by the size of the jar I know it will last a long, long time.


A dose of disappointment and some joy that will last.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Bobbi--I too love almond butter. I had a big ol' jar like that from Costo too and I assure you, it lasts a long time. Mine lasted almost 5 months. I was sad when it ran out :( Then I remembered, I can buy more...

Anonymous said...

u know what would be cool? an almond butter coloured MAC! haha. i hope u get ur laptop crisis fixed. my cord is no longer working and i ordered one from ebay like a month ago, and i still havent received it in the mail. oh, this is making me miss my laptop more! *sob!

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here