Thursday, March 15, 2007
Rain Gear
I've lived in Vancouver for 3 years now. Yesterday I purchased a real umbrella. You know the type: it's got a curved handle, could double as a walking stick and a weapon (which may in fact come in handy when I'm strolling through these East Van streets at night), and it won't flip inside out with the slightest breeze. This purchase and the simple joy it brings me has got me thinking . . . Is Vancouver me? Am I Vancouver? Though I still find that these gorgeous mountains get in the way of my view of the sky (O! Land of Living Skies), I do believe that this wet climate and this sea side living is seeping into my soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Blog Archive
- January (1)
- December (1)
- November (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- April (1)
- March (3)
- February (1)
- January (5)
- December (1)
- November (2)
- October (5)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (6)
- May (7)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (2)
- July (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- April (8)
- March (5)
- February (3)
- January (9)
- December (4)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (4)
- August (1)
- July (3)
- June (2)
4 comments:
Bobbi! Hey, hope you're doing well. But seriously, what took you so long to get an umbrella? That's just craziness.
Don't let it seep to far, Alberta is calling your name... Bobbi come, come to Wild Rose Country.
With the purchase of an umbrella comes the responsibility of not leaving your umbrella in one of those umbrella receptacles they have in coffee shop entrances. Beware, Bobbi, beware.
i lived in the rain for most of my life. you beat me to the real curved handle umbrella. good for you! it can also double as a walking stick when you go hiking in those gorgeous mountains that occlude your view of the sky :)
Post a Comment