The sun is setting
I am sitting
in my house tonight
with the light
what's better?
just an hour or so ago
it came (this light)
almost unannounced through
my north west facing window
it cupped my face
with it's most tender hands
it didn't say a word
it just
held
me
my face in the hands of
the sun
tonight I'm sitting with
(and distracting myself from)
the heaviness that has been getting up
in my personal space
all day
what's worse?
it has been here
for weeks
a lifetime of
weeks
it's the weight of goodbye
banging about in my head
aching up and down my heart
it rolls in so heavy
hides away behind the next hour
and then shows up and
overstays
its
welcome
tomorrow I will say so many
goodbyes and I know
around this world
so many people will be saying
so many
goodbyes
for
good
for
g
o
o
d
GOODBYES
we plead with you
we who live them with
intention and
(please) generosity
may you lend us
a sweet
hello.
3 comments:
*goosebumps*
When are you going to stop mucking about and write a book so I can say I knew you before you were famous?
beautiful bobbi. i have tears in my eyes. thank you.
Post a Comment