Monday, September 15, 2008

Vancouver Farmers Market

I have been going to the Trout Lake Farmers' Market all summer. I have hardly missed a Saturday morning. The dream of the market starts setting in midweek. By Friday night I go to bed with a little grin on my face knowing that the next morning I will get on my bike, ride down the hill to the market, meet up with a friend or two, fill up my pannier with produce, eat a fresh crepe, and bike a bit of harvest back up the hill to my house.

This week the farmers market encouraged me to try a couple new recipes. I made potato kale chowder for dinner and carrot-walnut muffins to snack on in the week ahead.

I love fall for it's changing leaves, long sleeved black t-shirts, plentiful harvest, and sunny September mornings at the market.

Shopping at Trout Lake Community Farmers' Market by Mark Busse.

3 comments:

GF Girl said...

Congrats on the new recipes, aren't farmer's markets wonderful? Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna go again this weekend! Need more plums :)

Anonymous said...

i love that the paniers are ours!
kv

Blog Archive

It's Nice in Here

It's Nice in Here